Everyone has worked out in a gym or fitness center in at least one of their lives, but not everyone has ever worked with a yoga instructor. Taking a private yoga class is a great way to ensure you get the best possible yoga experience while also getting a personal relationship with your teacher. It will accommodate your individual needs and requirements to make you feel supported and comfortable, and you will also have the time to focus on your poses. Not only does a private yoga lesson help us advance our yoga practice, it also helps us maintain a healthy way of living. Private classes can be a great way to deepen and expand your practice, and we explore exactly how they work to help you decide whether or not they’re right for you.
What is Private Yoga?
Private yoga is an one-on-one class taught to a student by a certified yoga teacher. These one-on-one sessions allow the teacher to plan a lesson to your personal needs, whether that’s tailoring to a specific area of the body, or working towards a series of poses that you find particularly challenging. Your teacher can focus on working with you in each pose and correct your alignment, and offer modifications to help you ensure you are getting the full benefit of every pose. These curated, private Yoga lessons can easily fit into your schedule and lifestyle. They can be taught online or in the comfort of your home or office, or at your local yoga studio.
What Are the Benefits of Private Yoga Lessons?
There are enormous benefits in investing in a private class or a series of private classes with a professional teacher. Here are the top benefits:
- Private yoga can be a great way for people to get a more personalized experience from a teacher. This can be especially helpful for newbies, as well as yoga students who are having trouble with a certain posture or are frustrated by a particular block in their practice.
- A private yoga session is a much more calming environment. That’s because you can choose exactly how your class works.
- You can choose how much hands on personal adjustments or assists you receive. Physical adjustments by a qualified and experienced teacher can really transform your understanding of the yoga poses.
- Private sessions will set you up to maintain your own strong, consistent, safe and well-informed practice. They can help you prevent bad habits and recover from an injury.
- One of the best things about a private class is you can ask as many questions as you like.
- Working with a teacher one on one is also a great way to ensure that you are practicing in a way that is safe and sustainable for your body.
- A private class enables the teacher to work with you in each pose and correct your alignment, offer props as a way to benefit and support you in the pose, and offer modifications to help you go deeper, or to back out a little to ensure you are getting the full benefit of every pose.
- A private lesson can also be used to refine your breathing techniques and fine tune your meditation practice.
- If you prefer, you can even have an instructor come to your workplace and provide sessions there.
Private Yoga Lessons vs. Personal Training
Personal trainers often cost more than personal yoga lessons. Personal fitness training is usually offered in a health club or at a gym, where a certified personal trainer helps you to improve your exercise and eating habits, so that you can lose weight, feel better, get stronger and be healthier. Professional in-person personal training and individual coaching classes are a better option for some people, as they offer more options for exercise and exercise instruction, and they are more likely to hold you accountable to your fitness goals.
How to Find Private Yoga Classes
There are several ways to get a private session with a yoga teacher. First off, you need to find a teacher you really connect with. The most convenient way is to take a class at a studio Another great way is to take a private class with a teacher you have seen in a studio or at a public event, though this can often be more complicated to schedule since many instructors offer private classes to fit their schedule. Also, you need to be sure it will actually work for you. Do you want a private yoga instructor that can help you with your mental and physical wellbeing? Do you want a private yoga teacher that can help you with your spiritual wellbeing?
How much does a private yoga session cost?
The average price for a private yoga lesson is between $60 and $90 per session. What you pay depends on several factors, including where you live, the popularity of your chosen teacher, and the length of each session. There are a lot of reasons why it is more expensive than attending regular classes. Personal training is a service that can be costly, and many small businesses struggle with finding the right balance between what their customers need and what they can afford. One way to make your training affordable is to find a certified fitness professional who is an expert in their field. These professionals have the knowledge, maturity, and experience to show you the most effective exercises, and provide guidance on poses and alignment.
Is Private Yoga Instruction Right From You?
Not everyone would benefit from a private yoga class. The cost of private yoga instruction is higher than that of a group class. But if you are looking for a program that offers flexibility, and you have specific goals to meet, private yoga instruction may be an excellent choice for you. Consider your reasons for taking a private yoga class. Is this a long-term goal that you are committed to? Will you be consistent? Or is this something you’d like to try out before committing to a full-time instructor? If you are looking for a long-term commitment, private yoga lessons are a great choice. Private instruction is not for everyone. If you are simply looking for a less expensive option, consider a group yoga class or a DVD.